These redesigned fifth-generation Type-R subwoofers include an abundance of enhanced features to achieve staggering power handing capabilities, cleaner output, deeper bass extension and ultra-responsive control than ever before.
(Sold as single woofer)
Professional installation available at authorized retailers.
Extreme bass fits in more places
The Type-R Subs have been completely redesigned again to offer more installation flexibility and application versatility to build the ideal sound system. At 4-1/2" for the 8", 5 - 7/8” for the 10”, and 6 - 3/8” for the 12”, these new designs offer a near 20% reduction in mounting depth, while offering even greater output capability.
More Excursion = More Output
The new FEA-Optimized Motor Structure together with our revolutionary High-Amplitude Multi Roll (HAMR) Suspension Design gives the new Type-R Subwoofers the highest X-max and SPL output in the category.
With a real world, measured 21mm of X-max, allow the new Type-R Subwoofers to deliver the best-in-class bass output, ultra-low distortion, and unparalleled sound quality.
More Motor Force = More Control
Starting with a new ten piece, segmented magnet structure, the new Type-R subwoofer has over 20% more motor force than its predecessor delivering more accurate, louder and cleaner bass with even more control. This new magnet assembly is also an integral part of the next generation of Alpine’s Patented Radial Vented VC cooling system.
Keep it Cool = Keep it Playing
Alpine’s Patented Radial Vented VC Heatsink and Airflow Management System (US Patent #7,634,101) helps to minimize power compression and ensures reliable long playing time by actively eliminating output-robbing heat away from the Voice Coil. The new one-piece cast aluminum frame with integrated shorting sleeve uses the entire frame as a heatsink, to allow for sustained power output and handling, even in the most extreme of applications.
FEA Optimized = Maximum Linearity
Alpine’s Patented Compound Radius Curve pole geometry ensure for an ultra symmetrical magnetic field, while optimizing flux density to greatly reduce distortion, while further improving power handling and output.
Improved Power Handling
The oversized black anodized 65 mm voice coil offers more than 35% more surface area, allowing for increased power handling to 1000W RMS / 3000W Peak. To get the best performance, we recommend you pair Type-R subs with Alpine’s new PDX digital amplifiers.
4 Unique Alpine Technologies
FEA Optimized HAMR Surround
The High-Amplitude Multi Roll Surround Design allows for extreme excursions without sacrificing valuable cone area. FEA Optimized for linearity and made with injection-molded Santoprene®, the HAMR surround is a key part of the suspension system that allows for extreme excursions with accurate, distortion-free control.
FEA Optimized Spider w/reinforced Layer Spider Integration
Ensures reliable and consistent control of the tinsel-leads to eliminate any possible mechanical noises or interference typical of many high-excursion designs.
Redial Vented VC Heat Sink & Airflow Management System
Actively manages voice coil temperatures by forcing air directly across the heatsink system.
FEA Optimized Machined CRC Motor Structure
Creates a symmetrical magnetic field while optimizing flux density to greatly reduce distortion, while further improving power handling and output.
Features and SpecificationSPECIFICATIONS
- Power Range: 250W - 1000 Watts
- RMS Power Handling: 1000W
- Peak Power Handling: 3000W
- Mounting Depth: 149mm (5.875'')
- Mounting Diameter: 231mm (9.1'')
- Displacement: 0.08 cu. Ft.
- Added Volume: 0.05 cu. ft. (Reverse Mount, Magnet Out)
- Frequency Response: 26Hz - 200Hz
- Material: Oversized Hairline-Textured Mica Poly Dustcap w/ Kevlar Reinforced Pulp Paper Cone Body
- Design: 2-Piece Parabolic
- Material: Injected Molded Santoprene®
- Design: High Amplitude Multi-Roll H.A.M.R Surround Design (Patent Pending)
- Material: Conex®
- Design: 10 Segment High-Roll Progressive Design
- Material: 180°C High Temp Wire on Sprial-Cut Aluminum Bobbin
- Design: 4-Layer Dual Voice Coil
- Pole Geometry: FEA Optimized Design w/ Compound Radius Pole Geometry
- Configuration: Radial Vented VC Heat Sink and Airflow Management System (Patent #7,634,101)
- Material: Cast Aluminum
- Design: Perimeter Vented Heat Transfer (Patent Pending), Integrated Shorting Sleeve and Airflow Management System
- Layout: One Sided
- Design: Heavy Duty 8 gauge Push with Housing, Banana Plug Jumper
- Design: Reinforced Layer Spider Integration (Patent #6,810,988)
- Design: Concealed Mount Gasket System
- Owner's Manual | Owner's Manual (SWR-10D4, SWR-10D2, SWR-12D4, SWR-D2)