Alpine Electronics Announces Newly Reduced Price for PND-K3 Portable Navigation Plus Bluetooth System
Back December 1, 2008
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc., the industry-leading manufacturer of automotive mobile media solutions, today announced that its PND-K3 portable navigation plus BluetoothÂ® system is now available for $349.95 at participating retailers in the U.S.
The PND-K3 is the companyâ€™s third-generation portable navigation device. Totally redesigned with a new, slim form factor and updated user interface, the all-in-one PND-K3 combines superior vehicle positioning with Bluetooth hands-free technology.
The PND-K3 has OnPointâ„¢ Advanced GPS Positioning for optimal vehicle tracking. OnPoint simultaneously uses three technologies â€“ satellite-linked global positioning data, gyro technology (to measure the vehicleâ€™s direction) and accelerometer technology (to measure the vehicleâ€™s speed) â€“ resulting in highly accurate, continuous vehicle positioning in almost any location, even in tunnels and around tall buildings.
Additional features include:
- Total touch screen control via a sunlight-readable 4.3-inch color display
- Simple and intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) with big, bright icons, large buttons and easy-to-understand screen graphics
- Natural-sounding voice text-to-speech announcements that deliver turn-by-turn driving instructions, street and highway exit names
- New assistive mapping visuals that offer essential driving information, such as Highway Junction View (which distinctly indicates the correct lane to use at a junction split) and One-Way Street Icons for clear notification of one-way streets
- 6 million points of interest (POIs)
- Preloaded NAVTEQÂ® maps of the United States and Canada, including Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands
- Built-in Bluetooth for convenient hands-free phone calls when connected to compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices
- Built-in SD card slot for playback of WMA/MP3 music files
- Customizable map and menu color schemes with eight different color options
Notice: Product information is based upon current information at the time of writing, but cannot be guaranteed. All designs, features, specifications and delivery dates are subject to change without notice.
Alpine Media Contact(s):
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.